The Hong Kong Occupational Safety and Health Association was established in 1977 by a group of safety practitioners, the Association is a voluntary and non-profit-making organization carrying the major objectives of promoting the exchange of knowledge and experience in occupational safety and health (OSH); the unity and friendly relationship among OSH practitioners; the consultation services to industrial and commercial concerns on OSH; and the contacts with similar organizations in other parts of the world.
The Association organizes :
* technical talk and visits;
* publishes a bimonthly journal;
* advises on safety courses;
* attend regional conferences;
* represents in various regional and local professional bodies and advisory committees.
Being an OSH association having the longest history in Hong Kong, HKOSHA is also a member of the Asia Pacific Occupational Safety & Health Organization (APOSHO).