Membership is divided into 8 categories namely, HONORARY FELLOW MEMBER, FELLOW MEMBER, PROFESSIONAL MEMBER, MEMBER, ASSOCIATE MEMBER, STUDENT MEMBER, PATRON MEMBER AND COMPANY MEMBERS.
- HONORARY FELLOW MEMBERS are persons who are not already members of the Association and have demonstrated a significant contribution to and achievement in the field of occupational safety and health, and are nominated by the Executive Council.
- FELLOW MEMBERS are persons who should preferably have been a Professional Member of the Association for over 5 years and have shown achievement or outstanding performance in the area of occupational safety and health, and preferably be over 40 years old.
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS (SAFETY) are persons who are recognized professional in the area of occupational safety, or have been a registered safety officer for a period of not less than 5 years, and has a professional practice in the area of occupational safety for a period of not less than 5 years.
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS (HEALTH) are persons who are recognized professional in health, occupational hygiene or medical discipline.
- PROFESSIONAL MEMBERS (GENERAL) are persons who are recognized professional in his discipline, has either a full-time or part-time involvement in or supervision of the OSH function in their organization.
- MEMBERS are persons who are involved in OSH part-time, or supervision of the OSH function in their organization, and have been a registered safety officer.
- ASSOCIATE MEMBERS are people who have special interest in occupational safety and health, support the activities of the Association.
- STUDENT MEMBERS are students who are attending a fulltime course in a recognized educational Institute on occupational safety and health.
- PATRON MEMBERS AND COMPANY MEMBERS are firms, companies or organizations of legal standing, whether incorporated or unincorporated, or a University, Polytechnic or College, who have interest in and support the promotion of occupational safety and health, and approved by the Executive Council.
New membership subscription rates proposed by the Executive Council, and to be effective from 1 January 2015 upon resolution of the general meeting to be held on 28 November 2014.
|Membership Category||Non-refundable Application Fee||Annual Subscription|
|Overseas Professional Member||HK$200||HK$250|
|Overseas Associate Member||HK$200||HK$150|
|Overseas Company Member||HK$200||HK$600|
- Any member who reaches the age of 55, and is retired from work may apply to the Executive Council for a 50% discount in the annual subscription provided he has been a member of the Association for not less than 15 years.
- New member joining the Association after October 1, 2020 and having paid the subscription for 2020 will be deemed to have paid the subscription for 2021.
- Student Member# – Any person who is a bona fide student of full-time courses in a recognized educational institute on occupational safety and health.
Entitlement Of Members
- Receive publication of the Association.
- Attend regular dinner meeting, seminars and lecturers which are presented by experts in their field of studies at subsidized rate.
- Participate in visits, residential seminars and conferences with delegates from other countries in Hong Kong and overseas.
- Attend Training Course and overseas Examinations for members to pursue higher qualifications and recognition in the filed
- Request for consultancy services.
Interested parties should request from the Association for and complete appropriate application form and return it together with copies of supportive document and Application Fee to :
The Chairman, Membership Committee
Hong Kong Occupational Safety and Health Association
G.P.O. Box 7100, Central, Hong Kong.
If you are not yet a member of the Association, please join us to accelerate the improvement of Occupational Safety and Health in Hong Kong.Tel : 2332 9210 Email : firstname.lastname@example.org